When it comes to dressing professionally, being polished is whats it’s all about, and it’s not restricted to suits. A smart casual dress code includes a variety of options women. Smart casual dress code for women is not as dressy as formal work attire. Smart casual implies a person has a smart and well-pulled-together look and not so corporate or business formal. Smart casual and business casual is less intimidating while still being professional.
The smart casual dress code allows flexibility for personal taste in fashion which is why it is preferred. Smart Casual dress codes doesn’t mean boring and basic. There are many options, the smart casual attire includes jackets, pants, shirts, skirts, sweaters, blouses, tunics, shoes, jewelry and purses.
Clothing that works well for the beach, yard work, and night clubs, are not appropriate for a professional appearance at work and not considered smart casual attire.
Smart Casual Dress Code For Women- THE DONT’S
- Clothing should be pressed and never wrinkled.
- Never Show your midriff- Wear shirts with a proper length.
- No Torn, dirty, or frayed clothing .
- Any clothing that has words, terms, or pictures that may be offensive to other employees is unacceptable.
- Clothing that you wear to the beach, you don’t wear to work
- No Flip Flops or gym sneakers
- No plunging neck lines that show cleavage
- Clothes should be tailored and not too tight that it shows all your curves
- No mini skirts- A few inches above the knee is the shortest you should go.
- No club clothing
- No faded, distressed jeans. If jeans are allowed, choose a dark wash with no embellishments.
- No platform shoes or 5″ or higher heels.
- Your bra straps should not be exposed and shirts should be properly buttoned with no gaps.
- Dont get too wacky- It’s fine to express your personal style, but keep it refined. Crazy hats, loud patterns or colors will make you look to eccentric.
- No pants that ride too low.
- Pencil skirts
- White button-up shirt
- Simple cardigans
- Silk blouses, long and short sleeved or sleeveless
- Dresses- shirt, shift or sheath
- Structured bag
A dress is the ease of “one-piece dressing”, it is less complicated, easy to put on and can be very chic. A clean cut dress can look smart, sophisticated and serious ,yet simple to wear. The best dresses for work are refined and reserved. Think simple shifts, structured shirt dresses, and sheaths. You don’t want to wear anything too flashy or too tight. Neutrals, and dark hues such as black, navy and browns are best as well as a classic silhouette. Dresses are suitable for all ages but use your judgement and common sense when picking what’s right for you.